VoIP for Business: Features and Benefits of the Technology
One of the most popular telecommunication networks among companies is IP telephony. VoIP for business expands horizons and provides a unique opportunity to influence the interlocutor by voice. Unlike correspondence, communication via cloud VoIP services allows you to convey more information. And when compared with calls via mobile operators, IP telephony is cheaper.
What is VoIP technology in simple terms?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is an alternative to cellular communication technology for sending and receiving voice calls over the Internet and other systems that operate over the IP protocol without the involvement of telephone companies. These are applications such as Viber, WhatsApp, and messaging apps, that support voice communication.
The peculiarity of VoIP services is that you do not need a landline or mobile phone to make calls. The analog signal is converted into a digital signal and transmitted through computer networks. The recipient's device processes the information and displays it as a voice.
VoIP services operate based on SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) technology. This protocol is responsible for high connection speed and signals quality between two points in virtual space.
What functions does VoIP for business perform?
Compared to traditional analog telephone networks, the possibilities of IP telephony are almost limitless. With the help of VoIP, you can accomplish such tasks:
- call recording;
- voice mail;
- conference call;
- managing the queue of incoming calls;
- call priority setting.
This list is not exhaustive, and the integration of VoIP for business with CRM systems allows you to take communication with customers and partners to a new level.
Benefits of VoIP for business
There are such advantages of IP telephony that are in favor of its introduction:
- Cheapness. It is enough to install one network system for computers/company data to set up VoIP service.
- Mobility. This phone system is easy to use anywhere without connecting to a mobile network operator.
- Work in roaming. You may be roaming or not connected to a cellular connection - all you need is Internet access via Wi-Fi.
- High communication quality. The technologies used in IP telephony have made it possible to almost completely solve the problems of voice distortion, the duration of word delays, etc.
- Multichannel. With the help of SIP-trunk technology, the system allows you to use any number of numbers for simultaneous calls of many subscribers.
Telecommunication company Decision Telecom will help you connect VoIP for business. Along with IP telephony, you can immediately install a CRM system and a package of additional functions. Expand the possibilities of your business with digital telephony.