SMS deliverability: How to ensure that your messaging is guaranteed to reach users
When a company selects an API provider for SMS messaging, one of the quality of service indicators to consider will be the delivery rate. This is the percentage of sent SMSs of SMS messaging that were successfully received by the intended recipients. It is calculated as the ratio of the number of delivered SMS to the total number of messages sent.
How can low deliverability affect business performance?
On average, 95% or more is considered a normal deliverability rate. You can find out if your SMS messaging for business is reaching its final recipients in the administration panel of the API provider for SMS messaging.
If you see a lower indicator in your account, this may negatively affect the effectiveness of your marketing campaign. The low delivery rate is the reason of:
- Reducing the number of recipients who will see the message. This means that you will be less likely to achieve the desired results, such as increasing brand awareness, increasing sales, and driving customers to action.
- Increasing the cost of SMS messaging for business. Many services calculate the cost of SMS messaging based on the number of sent messages. This means that you risk paying even for undelivered SMS.
- Deterioration of brand reputation. In conditions when there are at least two more competitors for your place in the market, it is very important not to disappear from the field of view of the target audience. SMS is the best way to attract new customers and retain existing ones.
Recommendations for improving message deliverability
To avoid these problems, it is important to monitor the deliverability of SMS messaging for business. If you see that the indicator is critically low, take the following steps to improve it:
- Use the services of a certified and verified API provider for SMS messaging.
- Periodically clear the base of subscribers from invalid numbers.
- Send SMS in reasonable quantities so that messages do not fall into spam.
- Determine a convenient time for delivering SMS messaging to users.
- Create clear and concise messages that will be easily understood by recipients.
By following these tips, you will be able to improve SMS deliverability and increase their effectiveness.
Decision Telecom - Your Guarantee of Message Deliverability
Decision Telecom operates on the principles of transparency and accountability. Our partners are more than 200 telecom operators around the world, which means that your messages will be delivered without intermediaries in the shortest possible time. Our average deliverability rate is 98%.
At the same time, our customers pay only for delivered messages. If you also want to be smart about using SMS messaging for business, we are ready to help. Contact our sales department for a consultation with managers.