SMS vs voice calls: what to use in 2024?
Every business at a certain stage of growth needs to send bulk messages to potential and loyal clients. And they should decide what is more comfortable for users: SMS messaging or voice calling?
In today's world of modern technologies and communication tools, people increasingly prefer to communicate by voice, including using voice assistants and commands to control appliances or, for example, a smart home. Voice messaging has become a trend and is gaining popularity as a business tool.
Decision Telecom specialists conducted a study to find out the preferences of modern users. Now we are ready to give structured opinions on the controversy gaining momentum: text or voice?
Voice calls and SMS: pros and cons
Most of the respondents noted that they still read text SMS. But communicating by voice has advantages that sometimes become decisive:
- Many users often get into situations where listening to audio messages and voice calls may be inconvenient or inappropriate. For example, in crowded places where it is too noisy or there are many ears lurking around. Or, vice versa, where there is a need for strict observance of silence. From this standpoint, SMS messaging is a more versatile tool.
- Text messages are transmitted more easily and quickly than audio recordings or voice calls. For example, due to mobile network outages or lack of mobile coverage in certain areas.
The text will reach the recipient's phone even in the network event outage and deliver the necessary information. If the audio message does not load in time and the call is interrupted at the most important moment, the message will be lost.
- Most respondents noted that it is much more appropriate to use text messages for business communication, as the information in them is clearer and can always be returned if necessary. The recipient of a voice call may not have time to memorize or write down the necessary information.
- As an advantage of voice messages, it was noted that it is much easier, faster and more convenient to perceive and listen to them. You don't need to look at the screen for a while — press a button and hear everything you need. This can even be done on the go.
- Customers also find that voice calls are better personalized and easier to answer. For example, when all you have to do is press certain buttons during the call to confirm a transaction or leave feedback. It saves a lot of time when compared to text SMS when you have to reply to a message or follow a link from it.
Thus, users see the advantages of text messaging, due to which SMS messages will not lose their relevance for a long time. But voice messages are favored for their speed of information delivery and convenience. Voice calls can save you a lot of time and simplify communication with your customers.
Text messaging as a marketing tool now has more obvious benefits. However, technology is relentlessly evolving, so more and more people are keen to follow it.
Hence, we can conclude that if implemented and used correctly, voice calls and messages will be beneficial and have the potential to become a crucial communication tool for businesses. You can always consult Decision Telecom experts on this issue in detail: we will offer specific solutions for your needs.